About Our Business
We are a Small to Medium Enterprise Business (SME) of 3 people started in 2022 providing Transport Planning and Civil Engineering consultancy services. We work with a range of specialists including landscape architects, engineers, web-designers and project managers to support the planning application process of developments by advising and designing road, footway and cycle design. Ultimately, we solve access and mobility problems by improving street design.
More details of our business and our projects can be found on our website:
As our business continues to grow, we are seeking an Assistant Transport Planner to join our Central Scotland based team (Larbert).
The position is office based, 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday with the occasional later evening or overnight stay away for project site visits and public engagement events. Part time applicants could also be considered for this position and should enquire directly.
This is a unique opportunity, offering a very well paid, on the job learning opportunity that will challenge you as well as equipping you with the skills, experience and knowledge to excel as a Transport Planner enabling you to progress within our business.
The preferred candidate will be hardworking and enthusiastic with excellent interpersonal skills and a clean and tidy appearance. They should be comfortable working in an office environment as part of a small team with a willingness to learn and develop.
No formal qualifications are required as full-on the job training and coaching will be provided, along with mentor support. An interest in STEM subjects and a creative design flare would be advantageous as we are always seeking how to do things differently!
A HNC in Civil Engineering / foundation apprenticeship or graduate day release can be provided for the right candidate to develop your academic qualifications.
The role would suit a school leaver or someone with administrative and organisational experience, willing to develop or expand in to new horizons.
- Contributing to the development of professional reports working up to full ‘ownership’.
- Undertaking web-based research, investigation, interpretation and summarising of results.
- Contributing to and taking ownership of the design of visual marketing materials including event leaflets, survey design, video summaries and report figures.
- Design and management of business and project social media accounts.
- Use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) to assist in the preparation of technical drawings and simulations.
- Working with and coordinating the project input of sub-contractors including engineers, landscape architects, web and graphic designers.
- Support other project staff in attending in person and virtual project meetings.
- Contribute to project related community engagement events.
- Undertake site visits to take videos and photos.
- Assist in data analysis, processing and reporting.
- Contribute to winning new projects through undertaking research, producing figures and social media management.
Our Value Offered to You
- ‘Try before you buy’ week long paid work experience.
- Performance orientated role with salary reflecting excellence and personal growth.
- Optional university / college training (HNC level / part time day release or other).
- Direct involvement in a diverse portfolio of projects through which you will gain valuable firsthand experience of a variety of key skills, ranging from those required to operate and manage a small business to delivering multi-million-pound contracts.
- Development of your entrepreneurial and communication skills through collaborating with a wide range of individuals and businesses including our clients.
- Performance recognition.
- Flexible working conditions.
- Be a valued member of a growing small business family.
- Excellent work ethic with resilience to debate ideas, accept and overcome challenges.
- A well-presented individual with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good level of written and spoken English.
- Attention to detail and pride in work.
- Good organisational skills and an ability to multi-task.
- Enthusiastic to get involved and innovative to improve processes and approach.
- Excellent manners and time keeping.
- Honest and with integrity.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- CAD skills desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
- Comfortable in the use of Microsoft Word. Advanced knowledge would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Awareness or experience of Canva, photoshop and WordPress.
- Enthusiastic about working with communities to design their walking and cycling projects.
- Willing to learn.
- Ability to operate as part of a team and individually.
- Curious mind with an interest in problem solving.
- Salaried 37.5 hours a week.
- 25 days paid annual leave.
- Flexible paid public holiday.
- Competitive Salary (Negotiable).
……Even just a little? Why not give us a call for a no obligation chat. We would love to hear from you using the following details.
Mark (07515) 834101 or email@example.com