Continuing our support to our client and as part of the Section 69 park agreement, our client sought to promote the design and construction of a new pedestrian crossing to be located on Queen Elizabeth Avenue. The crossing would support the movement of pedestrians and cyclists from Hillington East Train Station into the park and form part of the parks commitment to supporting walking and cycling
Our services were delivered in stages starting with an options appraisal followed by concept design and then commissioning engineering design support to prepare a Section 56 construction ready design. We worked with the client to develop the study aims and supporting rationale for investment. We produced an options appraisal examining the type and location of the crossing which would maximise its intended use whilst minimising capital costs by avoiding any design impact on adjacent private land. We worked with the council to agree the study proposals at each stage of the design process before commissioning third party engineering support to prepare the S56 design. As a final stage we worked with the client and their contract management agent to support the construction tender process as a Design and Build contract.
• ‘Art of the possible’ options development and staged design process including working with key stakeholders to ensure collective agreement.
• Contract lead for the Section 56 process.
• Overseeing the construction ready design.
• Working with partner businesses to achieve collective client outcome.
• Staged and phased delivery to track investment costs against outcome.